Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen

image

A suicide car bomb attack on an army training
camp in Yemen’s
second city of Aden has killed at
least 54 people, according to health ministry
officials.
A security official told AFP news agency that the
attacker drove his vehicle into a gathering of new
recruits at the camp in northern Aden on Monday.
Later on Monday, the Islamic State of Iraq and the
Levant (ISIL) group claimed responsibility for the
attack.
The death toll steadily rose through the day, and
by mid-afternoon 54 had died from the explosion,
Khidra Lasour, the director of Aden’s health
ministry, ,told The Associated Press news agency.
Almost 70 people were wounded, including 30
seriously, and were being treated in area hospitals.
Medical sources from the three hospitals where
victims were taken had said earlier that the death
toll was 45.
“It’s a massacre. This is the highest death toll in
any attack that happened in Aden before,” Hakim
Almasmari, editor-in-chief of Yemen Post
newspaper, told Al Jazeera.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s